Marketing Internship – Summer 2022
The Down Syndrome Association of Northeast Ohio is seeking a qualified intern to work within and contribute to our Development team for our annual fundraising event, The Northeast Ohio Buddy Walk. College students with an emphasis in their Studies in Communications, Marketing, Hospitality Management, or Nonprofit Administration are encouraged to apply. This paid position will begin in mid-May, working approximately 20 hours per week. Hours will increase closer to the event, which is scheduled for Saturday, August 20, 2022. Candidate must be able to commit to these hours and attend the Buddy Walk. This internship is an in-person position, with flexibility to do some work remotely.
Responsibilities will be focused on assisting the Special Events Coordinator in all logistics of event planning and coordination. Additional job duties include but are not limited to:
- Drafting social media posts and maintaining the social media calendar
- Creating event marketing materials
- Communicating with current and prospective donors, sponsors, and volunteers
- Attend monthly committee planning meetings (evenings)
- Various event preparation assignments
- Perform general administrative tasks such as organizing inventory and supplies, updating documents, data entry, and other special projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail-oriented, have the ability to multi-task, take direction, work independently, meet deadlines and adapt to fast-paced or immediate changes
- Experience with event planning or fundraising a plus but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google programs
- Graphic design experience helpful (Publisher, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva)
- Able to navigate social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with DSANEO issues and information
- Have an understanding of DSANEO programs and possess an interest in our mission
Email resume and cover letter, along with 2 letters of recommendation to Barb Waddle at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2022.