Marketing Internship – Winter/Spring 2022
The Down Syndrome Association of Northeast Ohio is seeking a qualified intern to work within and contribute to our Development team for our two major fundraising events, The Sunburst Gala and The Northeast Ohio Buddy Walk. College students with an emphasis in their studies in Communications, Marketing, Hospitality Management, or Nonprofit Administration are encouraged to apply.
This paid position will begin in January, approximately 10-12 hours per week in the DSANEO office. Hours will increase closer to the event. Must be available for Sunburst Gala set up on March 25, 2022 and on the day of the Sunburst Gala which is March 26, 2022.
Responsibilities will be focused on assisting the Development Coordinator in all logistics of event planning and coordination including but not limited to:
• Researching best practices for fundraising events and campaigns
• Drafting social media posts and maintaining the social media calendar
• Creating event marketing materials
• Communicating with current and prospective donors, sponsors and volunteers
• Attend monthly committee planning meetings (evenings)
• Various event preparation assignments
• Perform general administrative tasks such as organizing inventory and supplies; updating documents, data entry, special projects and all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Detail-oriented, have the ability to multi-task, take direction, work independently, meet deadlines and adapt to fast-paced or immediate changes
• Experience with event planning or fundraising a plus but not required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google programs.
• Graphic design experience helpful (Publisher, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva)
• Able to navigate social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Maintain confidentiality when dealing with DSANEO issues and information
• Have an understanding of DSANEO programs and possess an interest in our mission
Submit your resume and cover letter to Barb Waddle, Special Events Coordinator, at email@example.com. Subject line: “YOUR NAME – Marketing Intern Resume”
Closing date for application: November 19, 2021