One of the best ways to meet other parents is to get involved with the Down Syndrome Association of Northeast Ohio Family Support Groups. These groups can provide you with an excellent forum for sharing your feelings and concerns as a new parent, and an opportunity to learn from the experiences of others who have been in your shoes. Learning more about Down syndrome can also help ease some of your uncertainty, and support groups are a great place to start gaining knowledge. In addition to providing emotional support, other parents can recommend useful Down syndrome resources and help you understand the new terminology.
DSANEO offers a wide range of support groups to fit your needs
- Down Syndrome NEO Parent to Parent Private Facebook group
- La familia del sindrome de Down del Noreste de Ohio – our private Spanish language Facebook group
- Baby & Toddler Playgroups
- Moms Night Out – monthly outings
- D.A.D.S.: Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome – monthly outings
- Grandparents Group – monthly meetings
- SibShop – for siblings age 7-12
- Circle of Support – for families dealing with a dual diagnosis of Down syndrome & Alzheimer’s
- DSANEO DS+ – private Facebook group & programming for families with a dual diagnosis of Down syndrome & autism
Contact Laurie Kowalski, Director of Family Support, for more information.