Every day is a perfect day to educate others on what Down syndrome is and how loving a person with Down syndrome has positively impacted your life! Advocacy is a mission cornerstone of the Down Syndrome Association of Northeast Ohio – to empower individuals with Down syndrome and their families to bring greater resources and supports for themselves and our entire community.
We invite you to
- Schedule a school session with our informative Education Director. We offer a DS101 program for educators and Peer Presentations for students. All are free.
- Walk with over 4,000 participants in celebration of people with Down syndrome at the NEO Buddy Walk each year
- Spread the Word to End the Word
- Share the Preferred Language Guide with family, co-workers and friends
- Celebrate World Down Syndrome Day on March 21 (3/21) every year
- Advocate for your loved one with Down syndrome during October, which is Down Syndrome Awareness Month
- Join us as we celebrate Cleveland Down Syndrome Day annually on October 12th